8.25.2009

Chapter 19 - Disappointed, Disgusted and Confused

I don't know if I should cry or be extremely pissed off right now. It has been almost two month since I last talked to one of my good friends. I've called a few times with no response. I finally broke down and wrote her an email but still no response. I'm not sure what went wrong and I have no idea why this has happened. Okay maybe I have a slight idea because it always happens when she gets in serious relationships, but seriously? I thought we were beyond that phase. There is the part of me that wants to be angry and livid, but there is the other part of me that makes me want to curl up in a ball in cry. I never would have thought a few months ago that this would be our relationship now. It just plain ol' sucks. I'm not good at maintaining friendships for a variety of reasons, but I thought just maybe this one would last. Evidently I was wrong. Damn. Another one bites the dust.

Work is going great. Things have finally begun to pick up and I am constantly busy from 7:30-4:30. I am still struggling with gaining confidence as a project manager but hopefully that will come with more experience. I didn't get a yes about NYC, but I didn't get a no. I am taking it in my own hands and making it happen myself. I would say the possibility is now around 75% of moving to NYC. I also got a new manager because my old one had way too much on his plate and couldn't dedicate enough time to his reports. But it is a win-win for everyone and I'm excited to work with my new manager who I have heard great things about.

Teddy is doing great. He is always chipper and ready to play. Winston is starting to be a pissy pot, MUCH more than before. Let the sibling rivalry continue on!

Dallas is good, I just wish I could manage the time to maintain good friendships here. I go out every Wednesday to happy hour, but thats about the only time I am devoting to building relationships. I need to work on that.

I bought a new camera and once again have fell in love. Everyone is telling me to quit my job and pursue photography, but if only everyone knew how easy it is to get into that now and would probably not work out. BUT I am strongly considering taking it up as a professional hobby and then just MAYBE I can pursue it as a profession.

Men, are simply non-existent. Mostly because I don't have time for them and when someone does show interest I just don't give them the time of day. What is wrong with me? I bitch and complain about not having someone but then I do that crap to myself. Oh the vicious Chapa cycle.

Hmmmmm, thats all I got on the noggin at this point. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm sorry about your friend (I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about, but I won't say names)... hopefully she'll realize how much her friendship means to you, and that will remind her how much YOUR friendship means to HER, and eventually she'll come around. I mean, you two were so tight... I'd hate to see such a great friendship fall apart. She may be taking her time, but hopefully she'll respond in some way to your email.

*hug*