8.06.2008

Chapter 2 - Faith

I believe things happen for a reason, people change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they go right. You believe lies so you eventually start to trust no one but yourself and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

~ Marilyn Monroe


If you would have showed me this quote a year ago, I would have laughed in your face. Especially if you told me I myself would change. I never thought I could change who I was or what I stood for. I haven't changed much and most of my values are still in place, but there is defiantly a stronger side to me these days. I don't need a man to tell me how much I am worth, how amazing I look, or how sweet I am. I can now look in the mirror and stare back at the person and tell them, you are beautiful, you are worth more than words will ever express, you can achieve anything you set your mind to, and lastly you will never settle for second best again.

So the thoughts in the above paragraph are pretty typical of a girl. Naturally I realize there were will ups and down in my life where I won't feel so top on the world, but at least I know what it feels like. I realize no woman is ever truly happy with every aspect of her life or body, but that doesn't mean it should keep you from enjoying life and living it to the fullest.

Things are still going great at work and I am hoping to have good news soon regarding a full time position in the spring.

Besides feel great, there is nothing to adventurous going on in the Life of Laura.

Later gator, this girl needs her beauty sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog!! I just read most of it. I'm so glad you are really enjoying your internship. I hope earnestly that you will receive a job offer for the Spring. If I know you in any way, you definitely deserve it. See you in a couple of weeks.