J came into town on Friday evening to go with me to Billy Bob’s. He arrived shortly before eight and went with me to hand over my car to the person who bought it. We ate Outback and then headed to BB to see Reckless Kelly perform. I was in the mood for dancing but I hadn’t danced in so long; I was completely out of shape for it! RK wasn’t really into their performance either, which isn’t normal. To top off the night, I was getting tired before it was even midnight. Having to wake up early for work does that to me. With the few mishaps, I still had a great time. I’m glad he got to come into town before I left. In one month we will be in NYC watching Texas Country artists perform! Pat Green, Reckless Kelly, The Eli Young Band and Roger Creager will be at a venue in the city and J is flying in to go with me!
Saturday, J2 came into town to pick up all the furniture he bought from me. Somehow he and his brother fit my entire set of oversized furniture and TV stand into his mom’s minivan. I was absolutely shocked. After arranging the jigsaw puzzle; we headed to Twin Peaks for lunch. I figured the two of them would enjoy it and of course they did. They departed shortly after and I decided to go get pampered with a mani and pedi .It was wonderful.
That night I went to Oaklawn with my friend Tommy (since he is having surgery and can’t attend my peace out party) and a bunch of girlfriends. The gayboorhood was so much fun! Although there were a few creepers that kept dancing with us, we still had a blast. I haven’t felt that carefree in who knows how long. It was nice not to care if I was looking attractive or if my clothes were still were they were supposed to be. Simply amazing.
Sunday, I woke up and went to lunch with my aunt, uncle and niece. It was nice once we finally got to eat. I then came home and vacummed my carpet with their Dyson. It was so disgusting to see what came out of my carpet. Ew.
Yesterday was work, very slow as it is today. But on the plus side, Suz is waiting for me at my apartment. Yes!
I can’t wait for this weekend!
In four days, I will be surrounded by my amazing friends for my last hoorah in Texas before departing to NYC. I decided on karaoke. How could that not be fun? I reserved a private room at this Korean place called Norazo. It’s going to be fantastic. My closest friends and I will be in one room, enjoying adult beverages, and singing at the top of our lungs. Yes, it’s going to be absolutely fantastic.
In eleven days, I will be sitting on a flight destined for the Big Apple. My plan is to arrive in the late afternoon and go and get the essentials: groceries and dog food. I’ll be sleeping on the floor the first night and wouldn’t have it any other way. I like to think as though I am building a bond with my new shack of an apartment.
In Twelve days, Allison and I will be making our way across the Brooklyn Bridge for our Valentine’s IKEA date. I’m very excited because I can actually afford everything I want and not have to go into any debt. The only thing I am not looking forward to is paying for delivery. Boo, but I guess it is a requirement for buying furniture in the city.
I'll leave you with a few pictures I took this past weekend. ©LKC
2 comments:
Wow! I didn't know you were moving to NY!! Very excited for you! Can't wait to read about all your adventures!
For some reason it makes me feel less alone here in L.A. knowing you are going through the same kinds of things I've been going through for the past couple of months. Silly but true! Wishing you the best of luck!
p.s. I totally know about sleeping on the floor!! Haha, I had to sleep on the floor for the first week and a half when I moved out here!
I totally understand! When I started reading your blog I felt the same way. All the emotions that come with it as well. It is so exciting but nerve racking at the same time! Best of luck to you, I'll def be keeping up with your LA adventures!
Post a Comment