Since I graduated high school my mother has constantly told me to go to church. Personally, she was right. I should have gone but I firmly believe no matter how much someone is pushed to attend, they are not going to until they themselves are ready.
This brings me to where I am today. Back in Texas, (I say that as if I have been here for months.) I knew something was missing from my life. I continue to feel that way now. Of course a male companion would fill a large portion, but if I am truly honest with myself I know that what I've been missing is my faith.
Today's Ash Wednesday and what better way to get back into the groove of things than Lent. I went and recieved ashes with my boss during lunch at a church a few block from work. It didn't make me feel any more holy than before, but I think its a start.
Granted I'm not perfect and don't ever plan to be. I am not going to make any promises to myself or God to throw myself back into my faith. I am going to start by giving up fried food and soda for Lent as well as attending church on a regular basis. And to make it even easier, there is a church a block from my apartment. We'll see how it goes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on to my daily adventures. After work yesterday I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a lovely cooking pan, curtrains, tension rods, and lots more. The best part, they delivered everything for $15. Plus I had a 20% off your entire purchase coupon. Hell yes!
On the way home the sidewalks were very slippery and I was trying my best to be careful. However, I still ended up busting my ass by landing on my knee and doing a half split. I felt like a compelte idiot. It must have been my intiation to the big city.
I arrived at my lovely apartment where Teddy was waiting patiently and we headed out to his potty break. I decided to relax and watch episodes of Greek while I waited for my Fresh Direct and BBB deliveries. By the end of the night, I had made a tasty dinner and put up my new curtains.
More to come another day.
1 comment:
Awesome post. You're way ahead of the curve in being realistic about your faith. It's a constant process that has valleys and peaks.
Guess we'll talk to you this weekend on Skype. Peace.
Post a Comment