For the past two months I have had a new BFF... I bought myself one freshman year of college and never used it so I eventually sold it. But now walking at least two miles a day and riding the subway I find I go absolutely crazy if I don't have it. Plus it has all the music that reminds me of where I am from and what I love, the country!
I was going to post a picture of my new haircut but when I took a picture of myself I didn't like how any of them came out. Mostly because I look like I'm five years younger. How in the hell does that happen? Isn't chopping off your hair supposed to make you look older and more mature? What the hell? Oh well.
I just got confirmation of another friend coming to visit me. I'll call him T. T and I met a couple years ago back at A&M when he was in town visiting a friend that I also knew. Long story short, I moved to Dallas and he was there too. He introduced me to the amazing group of friends there and who I truly miss every day. I can't wait to go to the Gayborhood of NYC and have some carefree fun! Last time T took us out to Cedar Springs in Dallas and damn it was a good time! Looks like the weekend after my parents are here T is arriving on a jet plane. Exciting times!
With all these upcoming visitors I really need to stick to my budget and eat cereal for breakfast and bring lunch into work everyday. Not only will it help my wallet but my waist as well. How the hell do people afford raising children in this city?!
Oh I get my replacement Aggie Ring next Tuesday. Eeek! I lost it when I lost my wallet in November when I was up here visiting. Don't tell my parents... they still don't know and I won't tell them unless they ask. But apparently I have to re-dunk the damn thing in a pitcher of beer. Ha, maybe, maybe not.
Back to work. Short lunch today. I am feeling productive!
XOXO - Chapa Girl
2 comments:
I know how you feel- I can't live without my iPod! It goes everywhere with me.
I want to come visit you (and Allison). But I am poor. :( How long do you think you'll be in NYC? Because if Rick and I end up moving to Philadelphia next year, we won't be too far from NYC. :D
PS- I want you to know, my latest entry was not in any way about you... you were wonderful and supportive, and I was ecstatic that you got up to Kansas so early! And everyone was majorly impressed with how good you were with all of the kiddos. :)
Oh man, you got a haircut? I want to seeeeeee
Post a Comment