5.20.2010

Chapter 46 - Sometimes Life Seems So Surreal

Slightly pixilated due to the shadows and my phone editing.

This is what I see every morning right before I walk into work. The north intersection of Broadway and Avenue of the Americas. Time square is ten blocks to the left and Bryant Park is ten blocks to the right. Honestly, before last year I never once thought this would be part of my morning commute. During college my thought was to stay in Texas forever. Apparently, there were bigger places for me to go. Is it possible to be a city and a country girl? I love the city and I love the country. The only thing that would make living here better was to have my family relocate too. :) It's still difficult to not be able to participate in weekly family activities and know my nephews are growing up way too fast. I guess it's just the price I have to pay.

I can't wait for this weekend. It's supposed to be beautiful. Teddy better be prepared to spend all day in the park!

3 comments:

Daniel D. Cole said...

It would be nice to have all of the amenities of a city at your fingertips, but I would miss the stars. I already do still living in College Station. I have to take trips out to the country every once in a while to make sure they are still up there. I bet it is surreal to be living in NYC, so very different from BCS. Have fun at the park. I like your photography website.

Britney said...

Girrrrrl, I think it is SO awesome that you live in NY. And LEGIT NY, too! (as the picture shows!)

I was wondering...
What is the biggest difference about Texas and NY?

And is it intensely expensive???

Also, I fully believe you can be a city and a country girl- it just means you have the best of both worlds! Others should be jealous! :)

chapa said...

Biggest difference so far is the cost of everything. It's re-freakin-diculous. And as Daniel said, no starts which I really miss.

Oh and being 123456789 miles away from my family.

But its still great!