Due to the fact of a comment A made on my last blog, Gossip Girl... XOXO can't seem to leave my head. I love that show, although I haven't seen any new episodes since December. Tear.
I haven't begun to miss Texas yet. Honestly, it's kind of weird because I thought I would. I would be lying if I said I haven't had little bouts of depression (30 minutes here and there) in regards to realizing what I am going to miss out on in the next year because I can't afford to fly home every month. The next thing coming up that popped up in my head last night was that I won't be able to take pictures of the boys in bluebonnets this year. I have done this since LD was born. It really makes me sad. And now I have a really good camera and the pictures would come out awesome. Urgh. It's just something that I am going to have to get over.
I know I talk about the dog run all the time but it's an hour out of my day every day of the week. And it just so happens to be the most entertaining. Teddy has found himself a new BFF, Tank. He is this cute fluffy white dog who has this cute late-twenties owner, who just happens to have a GF. Lame. After, seeing each other for a week we still had not introduces ourselves, but last night we finally did. I will refer to him as P. For the hour we were there, I found out awesome places to go on the UES, now I just need people to go with. Ha. I also found out why a grown man has a cute little fluffy dog. He was in the 'dog house' with his GF and he got out of it by purchasing Tank and becoming his daily walker. I found this very amusing mostly because it happens all the time in relationships, but usually the guy comes home with flowers or something and not a living animal.
Work is going well so far but I still question myself on a daily basis. There is so much information I have to learn and I don't know how I am going to piece it all together. I need to be more confident but that will take time.
Now, I left the best for last. Yesterday, I saw my first street mouse as I was walking home. It was very tiny and didn't bother me much. Well, last night I was watching episodes online and all a sudden I see something moving out of the corner of my eye. I didn't think much of it until I realized Teddy was sound asleep on the bed next to me. I popped back up and to my surprise, there was ANOTHER little mouse but this time it was in MY apartment. My movement must have scared it because he ran under the crack of the bathroom door and never came back. (Or at least hadn't while I was awake.) Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I need Winston to come to NYC ASAP to eat them. It still gives me the heeby geebies thinking about it.
Tonight I am supposed to go to this underground dance hoorah with A. Should be interesting....
No comments:
Post a Comment