3.17.2010

Chapter 36 - Patsy Cline is the Way to Go

I didn't mean to go this long without updating my blog. I haven't even been that busy. Sad.


Work is going great. I am trying to be as helpful as possible and learn whatever I can, it just sometimes seems that its impossible.

People keep asking how I am enjoying NYC. If you want to really know, I am absolutely in love with this place. Yes, I've only been here a month but this move is going much better than I could have ever anticipated.
Here are the reasons why I believe things have gone so smoothly:

• I received insight from almost everyone I knew who lived here. They gave me realistic expectations of what life was going to be like and didn't sugar coat a damn thing.
• I didn't have this *OMG moving to NYC will solve all my problems and be freakin' awesome* attitude about the Big Apple. I knew it would not solve anything emotionally. That my friends, can only come from me working to be a better person in general.
• I took six months to weigh the pros and cons of what I was getting myself into. I am not a person to make completely irrational decisions in the spur of the moment, especially if they have the potential of affecting the rest of my life.
• My family has been extremely supportive of me taking the plunge. They have never once doubted my ability to survive on my own. (Or at least they haven't voiced their concerns. I really appreciate that.)
• My close friends understand why I did this and have my back no matter what.
• Although some days I may lack motivation, I am extremely driven to succeed in my career and personal life.
• Teddy went to a complete brat to mini brat. He has adjusted so well up here. I have to give credit to the dog run, without it he would be just like he was in Dallas.
• I've learned to budget my spending and actually stick to that budget pretty close.

I took picture of my place this weekend and posted them up on Facebook. After scrolling through them, I instantly realized I was in love with my studio. Every little thing means something to me or symbolize a piece of who I am.

As I mentioned previously, Teddy has adjusted better than expected BUT he is beginning to be a little instigator. Over the span of an hour and a half yesterday he got in four altercations. It was embarrassing but I really don't know how to stop his behavior. I'll have to research what the Dog Whisperer would do.

For the past two weeks my grandmother (my mom's mom) has been in the hospital in critical care. I don't really know what is going on anymore. They thought she had a heart attack but after surgery the doctor said she didn't. Since that surgery last Tuesday she has been 'asleep'. I still have yet to understand what that really means. She is on some type of oxygen machine and can no longer breathe on her own. That was since last Friday. I was under the assumption she did not want to be on any sort of life support, but it doesn't seem like that is the case right now. I'm just praying that my mom and her family have the strength to do whatever they feel is needed, no matter the outcome. really hope for the best and that she will be fine but I am prepared for the worst.

No one knows what the right or wrong thing to do is at this point. Some people would stick it out and pray for the best, others would say unplug everything and let nature take its course. Personally, I have made it clear to my parents that if something happened to me that I never want to be kept on life support or anything that I can't do on my own (whatever they may be). I would never want any of my family or friends waiting for me to wake up. I think that is more painful than actually letting me go and grieving with loss. There are lots of other reasons but overall I would rather put my fate in the hands of God rather than a machine.

Okay, so that was a little depressing but it's been on my mind constantly.

I am looking forward to this weekend. A co-worker is staying at my place for the weekend and we are going to be tourists together and enjoy the city!

No comments: