For the past month I have been trying to convince myself that I have enough talent to start pursuing photography at higher level. For the past couple of years I have started to realize how much joy I get out of capturing moments that would be missed without the help of a picture. Whenever my family sees my work they always have nice things to say about it, however they are my family. Are they really going to tell me, "Well Laura, you could have done a better job with the lighting and editing." Yeah I don't think so. Then I have friends who are of course compliment my photos but in all honesty I think they are average most of the time.
I think my biggest fan is my dad. He constantly tells me how good I am, how he has no idea how I took certain shots out of kids playing with flowers when he saw nothing there, or you really have talent. Yes, I enjoy hearing all of that and appreciate it so much because without it, I probably wouldn't be questioning if I have the ability to take great pictures.
So I will continue to question this. In the meantime I will make a website and start a blog dedicated to Chapa Photography.
Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Good luck! What camera do you have?
dpchallenge.com will give you the critical comments you want. Smugmug.com is a relatively cheap photo hosting site, but flickr is definitely more popular.
Base Rebel SLR. Saving up for a better one. But it still takes great shots.
I'll try out dpchallenge.
Make sure to also post the site where you're uploading your photos! Exciting!
Post a Comment