8.09.2010

Chapter 56 - Vacation, Mishaps, and Michael Buble

Vacation at the Frio was beyond amazing. It was relaxing, fun, joyful and memorable. Three families and the only dramatic things that occurred were my two nephews acting their age. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked because my camera kept giving me some damn Error-99 that only disappeared after I removed and replaced the battery. Very irritating.

I floated two days and my back is still peeling from the sunburn I ended up with. I promise, I even used SPF 70 and 100 but alas that was no help once it was rubbed off by my tube. However, I also am a new wonderful color or brown that echoes the sun's rays at the Frio.

AR, a childhood friend was there as well. Her parents run the property management company we rented from. The best night had to be when we drove up to her parent's property and star gazed. The clear sky and absence of the moon allowed us to see absolutely everything. Once I laid down on the bed of the truck I was taken away by the abundance of stars. We stayed out there a couple of hours and talked about everything.

I returned to NYC last Tuesday evening and my vacation came to a screeching halt. I left my bag in the cab that drove me home from the airport. All my bras, underwear, relaxing-wear, and MAKE UP were lost. Having been already broke, I am now even more broke because I was forced to go shopping for under garments and clothing. As for my makeup, I'll have to wait till I encounter sales because I am lowering my standards just to have my skin break out from wearing crappy makeup.

More happened last week but I plead the 5 and would like to move on to more positive things.

This past weekend was pretty relaxing. I headed over to J2's on Friday evening and had a few glasses of Sangria along with queso and the homemade tortillas I brought back from Texas. Saturday me and him went to the MoMA. Overall I wasn't that impressed but there were a few galleries I really enjoyed. We then met up with a couple of my friends at Taco Taco. Yum! Saturday night ended with drama in the dog park and lots of cleaning. Sunday, watched two movies and went to the dog park. Talk about an adventure filled weekend. Ha!

Oh and I once again rediscovered the awesomeness of Michael Buble. Oh lordy.
Alright I think that's enough for now.

Some pictures of the boys from the Frio:





No comments: