2.28.2010

Chapter 33 - Dog Runs are Very Entertaining

I have literally slept this entire weekend away. Shame on me but maybe its exactly what I needed. J flew in on Friday evening and we went out in NoHo for the evening with A. It was pretty fun and entertaining to say the least. I didn't get to sleep till 4:30 in the morning on Saturday, something I haven't done in a VERY long time.

Saturday I did not wake up until 2:30 in the afternoon. I missed the Aggie watch party which I was very sad about, but there is always next weekend! After walking Teddy and running around the UES for an hour or so, J and I headed to the Gramercy area on the lower east side. We ate at this awesome little Italian place called, Frank's Trattoria. We got a 1/2 a pitcher of Sangria to start out with. Oh so good and it was only $15 and we each got about 3 glasses out of it. The food was so tasty as well. My Chicken Pargmigana hit the spot! After dinner we headed to Terminal 5 to see the 2nd Annual Texas Independence Day concert featuring: Pat Green, roger Creager, Reckless Kelly and my personal favorite the Eli Young Band. Oh it was so awesome, I almost forgot I was in NYC. There were a couple of songs that def made me a little teary eyed and reminded me of a few things, but I rather not get into that. I had so much fun but by the end of the night I was so tired and my feet were killing me. We called it an early night.

Today I woke up at 9 and went back to sleep till 11:30. Took Teddy out to the dog park and proceeded to come back and pass out. Justin was exploring the city doing who knows what and came back around 1:30 to pack up his things and head to the airport. Hopefully next time I am a better host. We said bye and the next thing I knew it was 7 at night and I missed going to church. Ugh!

It's not 11:30 and I should probably start heading to bed. Hopefully I can actually sleep and Teddy will cuddle tonight. NYC is great and I am so happy with my decision to move here! Nighty night.

<3 Chapa :)

2 comments:

mrvelocity said...

I like seeing myself referred to by my first initial. It makes me feel like a character on Gossip Girl.

XOXO

Suz said...

I definitely go back to a different place when I hear Eli! I love it