I haven't been able to update this thing in awhile. Unfortunately, I had to fly back to Texas last week to attend my grandmother's funeral. I didn't cry as much as I thought I would mostly because I knew she was rest and was in peace. She has been ill for some time and her health slowly declined over the years. It was time for her to go up and be with her daughter. It was nice to see all my family, my grandparents from Brownsville even made it all the way up.
It is always nice to see family come together but bittersweet knowing it was because of a death. At the funeral all the grandchildren had little mementos they wanted to share. Some couldn't speak for themselves because of the very emotional situation, so that left me, Court and my brother to share what we all were feelings.Some of the highlights:
- Her awesome cinnamon rolls.
- All the quilts she made us.
- The love we always felt when we walked through the door.
- Her positive attitude through difficult situations.
- She never gave up believe in her faith even when most people in her circumstances would.
2 comments:
Aw, I'm sorry, Laura! But as you said, some good came out of this... she's in a better place now, free from pain, and you got the chance to take some beautiful pictures. :)
The pictures are beautiful, Laura! Sending lots of prayers for your family.
Post a Comment